By the Corporate Internal Communications team –
Does a member of your team make an exceptional effort to make your workplace a healthy, engaged, and supportive place?
Nominate them to join Deputy Minister (DM) and Mental Health Co-Champion Jody Thomas for a special roundtable discussion to share workplace mental health ideas and success stories.
On 13 June, 2019 DM Thomas will recognize employees in the National Capital Region who have a positive impact on the well-being of others as part of National Public Service Week. This event will provide a unique opportunity for employees to share ideas and best practices with the DM and with colleagues from across the Defence Team. The employees selected to attend will also be recognized for their efforts with a certificate from the DM.
Nominate a peer, supervisor or subordinate for initiatives such as:
- Organizing team-building activities around mental health topics;
- Promoting open discussions within your team on mental health issues;
- Fundraising for an important mental health cause;
- Volunteering to support a mental health initiative;
- Helping to improve the work environment (with a positive attitude, treats, or fun activities);
- Organizing group games at lunch;
- Supporting physical activity at work, as it is correlated with positive mental health; and
- Supporting a co-worker in distress or someone who is struggling.
Help us recognize an unsung hero who makes mental health a priority on your team!
Email your nomination by 31 May, 2019. Please include the nominee’s name, email address, phone number and a brief description of the contribution they make to your team’s healthy workplace.
This post is also available in: Français (French)