20-03-28 18:00 - 20-03-28 23:00
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) will celebrate its 100th anniversary on 1 April 2024. Leading up to this significant milestone, the RCAF will be hosting a series of three Balls in 2020, 2022 and 2024. The first will be held on Saturday, 28 March, 2020 at the Infinity Convention Centre in Ottawa, ON. Lieutenant-General Al Meinzinger invites all RCAF personnel, their family and friends to attend this much anticipated event, which will recognize the contributions of Canada’s aviators from the time of their service in the Royal Flying Corps during the First World War up to the creation of the RCAF in 1924.
The evening will begin with cocktails at 1800 hrs, followed by dinner at 1900 hrs and dancing until 0030 hrs. Dinner music will be provided by the Canadian Armed Forces Central Band (http://intranet.mil.ca/en/locations/ncr/ceremo-proto-central-band-caf.page) and “One Night Stand” (http://www.onenightstanddanceband.com/) for the dancing. Amongst our special guests will be the Chief of Defence Staff, General Jonathan Vance and the Commander of the RCAF, Lieutenant-General Al Meinzinger, and their spouses.
To keep up to date on the activities surrounding the Ball, please visit the RCAF Ball / Bal de l’ARC Facebok page or the RCAF Ball 2020 Webpage (hosted on the RCAF Association (RCAFA) website): https://rcafassociation.ca/rcaf-ball-2020/.
Tickets for this event will be $115 per person + HST. Ticket sales open on 20 January 2020 and will close on 16 March 2020 (or earlier, pending availability).
To purchase your tickets, please visit the RCAF Ball 2020 Webpage: https://rcafassociation.ca/rcaf-ball-2020/
The RCAF Association has graciously provided us with free access to their on-line retail and member management system to purchase our tickets. The process to purchase tickets is as follows:
- Create an account at www.rcafassociation.ca
- Click on the link entitled event – RCAF Ball 2020. This will lead to the login page;
- Click on New Visitor Registration link and follow the instructions to create an account;
- Once the account is created, click on the online store tab and then on the featured product entitled, “RCAF Ball 2020 tickets”; and
- Fill out the registration form to buy the tickets and make payment via the fully secure platform.
This will be the only method of purchasing tickets for this Ball. The RCAF is grateful for this important support from the RCAF-A, at no additional cost.
Questions concerning ticket sales can be addressed to Capt Niomi Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dress for this event will be black tie/tuxedo, mess dress, suit & tie or period dress for men, and mess dress, formal gown, cocktail dress or period dress for women.
A hotel discount ($154 + tax – includes breakfast) for the night of 28 March, 2020 has been arranged with the Holiday Inn Express (2881 Gibford Drive), which is right next door to the Infinity Convention Center.
The following information is provided:
- Call (613) 247-9500
- Use Booking Code CAF
- Or go to www.hieottawa.com and follow the steps below:
- Put in the exact dates of check-in and check-out (they have to coincide with the group block dates);
- Under the box for Group ID enter CAF;
- The group rate with the group name will automatically populate.
- Note if you are military or government employee, you can secure a room at the government rate of $139 + tax. Please indicate you are part of the RCAF Ball.
Questions concerning the details of the Ball itself, can be forwarded to LCol Heather Raney, D Air Pers Mgt 2 (email@example.com) or Francine Harding (firstname.lastname@example.org).